DATE; 10am / 4pm (JST) on Thursdays
- Watching active volcano, Mt. Sakurajima in real time
- Visiting museum and learn about Mt. Sakurajima
(This collaboration with JAPAN FROM HOME. When you click the “BOOK” button, their platform opens.)
Mt. Sakurajima – one of the most active volcanos in the world – stands in Kagoshima, Japan.
On this online tour, you visit there by ferry and watch it in real time. You also go to a museum showing and explaining its unique activities, and listen to stories of local people.
Why people choose to live there even it is ACTIVE??!!
15 minutes – Take a ferry
15 minutes – Walk along lava fields
20 minutes – Sakurajima Visitor Centre (Museum)
10 minutes – Sakurajima Nagisa Park (Enjoy a view of Mt. Sakurajima)
Minimum 1 to Maximum 5 accounts/devices
JPY 4,500- /device
by Zoom with your device
3 days before OR until the tickets are sold out
Tips & Note
The ticket for virtual tour includes
– Online Lecture
– English speaking online guide
This tour does NOT include
– Real guide
– telecom charge which occurs at your end
Please read before you book
– Cancellation policy: After purchasing the tickets, it is not refundable.
– If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
– Please download Zoom in advance.
– If any system problem occurs at our side, we will refund 1,500yen.
– We will not guarantee that any system problem occurs at your side. Please check your internet connection environment before the tour.
– The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converte
*This tour is supported by Kagoshima city’s “Online Tourism Supporting Subsidy”.
About the host
Mikiko (TABITTO Mate)
Hi! I’m a state licensed guide living in Kagoshima. Please call me Miki! Now I’ve been working as a guide for more than five years and sometimes work an interpreter. I also have a certificate for healthcare interpreter. I love to meet new people.
I’m very flexible and cheerful. And I’m very happy to arrange a tour for you and customize it according to your requests!!
In my town Kagoshima, there are abundant nature and places where you can experience unique local culture.
Please feel free to ask me any questions and requests which are always welcomed.
I’m looking forward to seeing you! Can’t wait!