A behind the scenes look at how your tea goes from our farm to your cup.
DATE; Coming Soon in 2021!
– DATE; 9am (JST), Sunday, 27th December 2020 / Executed
Virtual Tour (Special Offer)
Virtual Tour (Original Price)
Learn how to brew green tea using a kyusu and hand roast your own houjicha.
See behind the scenes how green tea is is made from the fields to your front door.
Experience what goes into making top quality green tea from Japan.
Virtually visit our green tea farm and factory located on the Ōsumi peninsula in Kagoshima, Japan. Did you know Kagoshima is on course to becoming Japan’s #1 tea producing region in the next few years? Learn more about what makes tea from Kagoshima so special before it hits the mainstream market.
This virtual tour offers you a glimpse of how our artisan teas are made. See the fields, and view the factories. Learn from our knowledgeable staff, and feel free to ask questions along the way. Virtually step into Ōsumi Teanery and learn how to make green tea using a kyusu, roast your own houjicha, and hand-roll your own black tea. View food from our restaurant that uses green tea to make seasonal dishes using local ingredients. And finally, walk through our store to see what a typical tea shop in Japan looks like. Afterwards, if there are more questions we will alot extra time for a Q&A session.
Minimum 5 to Maximum 20 accounts/devices
JPY 2,000- /device (Special Price for Dec 2020)
JPY 5,000- /device (Original Price)
by Zoom with your device
24 hours before OR until the tickets are sold out
Tips & Note
The ticket for virtual tour includes
– English speaking online guide
– Q & A session
– 30g pack of Arabikicha™* ($14.99 value.)
*Not available for certain countries
This tour does NOT include
– In person visit
– Telecom charge which occurs at your end
– Postage tracking
Please read before you book
– Cancellation policy: After purchasing the tickets, it is not refundable.
– If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
– Please download Zoom in advance.
– If any system problem occurs at our side, we will refund 1,500yen.
– We will not guarantee that any system problem occurs at your side. Please check your internet connection environment before the tour.
– The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converte
About the host
Kagoshima Horiguchi Seicha – Ōsumi Teanery
Kyle moved from Seattle, WA to Japan in 2007. He is an avid tea aficionado. In his free time he enjoys playing football, gardening, reading and volunteering by teaching English to elementary school students in our Teanery. He is also studying for the Nihoncha Tea Instructor Association Certification.