Isn’t it Kyoto or Shizuoka if you talk about Japanese tea? Don’t forget Kagoshima!
Date: 4pm (JST), Sunday, 25th July 2021
10am (JST), Saturday, 21st Aug 2021
– 5pm (JST), Sunday, 20th September 2020 / Executed
– 10am (JST), Sunday, 25th October 2020 / Executed
– 4pm (JST), Saturday, 28th November 2020 / Executed
– 10am (JST), Sunday, 31st January 2021 / Executed
– 5pm (JST), Sunday, 21st March 2021 / Executed
Virtual Tour for one account/device
- Yamaguchi-san, the producer of Japanese tea and your English speaking guide will take you in the tea farm.
- Learn how the Japanese tea leaf comes from the farm to your table. Compare the traditional way and current producing process.
- Yamaguchi-san teaches you how to serve the tea properly. You will enjoy how to brew after receiving the tea leaf from him by post.
When it comes to Japanese tea, you may think Kyoto or Shizuoka… but Kagoshima has the big tea leaf production and the quality is very high due to its climate. The area of Chiran, Kagoshima won a prize of the National tea fair in 2020!
Yamaguchi-san, the producer of Japanese tea and our tour guide will take you to the farm virtually and explain how Kagoshima tea is special. They will show how to prick tea leaf.
After visiting the farm, you will move to the tea house and learn how to produce tea from leaves to the product in the traditional way. We will also learn how it’s produced in a factory.
At the end of the tour, Yamaguchi-san will show you how to brew tea properly at home.
Once you received the bag of the tea as a souvenir after joining the tour (we will post to your address!), please try to brew it at your home… And plan your next visit to Kagoshima!
Minimum 2 to Maximum 20 accounts/devices
by Zoom with your device
24 hour before OR until the tickets are sold out
Tips & Note
The ticket includes
– English speaking online guide
– Kagoshima souvenir (Fukamushi tea leaf 50g) after the tour
– Postage charge (normal)
The ticket does NOT include
– Real guide
– Telecom charge which occurs at your end
Please read before you book
– Cancellation policy:100% refundable before one day. Not refundable for cancellation on the day or no-show
– With a ticket, you can join the tour with your family and friends by your device (one device only).
– If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
– Please download Zoom in advance.
– If any system problem occurs at our side, we will refund 100% of the ticket price.
– We will not guarantee that any system problem occurs at your side. Please check your internet connection environment before the tour.
– The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
– Due to the situation of COVID, it will take a longer time to ship the souvenir than normal. Some countries won’t allow importing Japanese tea. Please check with your country’s customs. We would be able to change it to other tea-related items. Please send an inquiry.
– If you want a REAL tour at the site, please CLICK HERE
– We can arrange a private tour for you. Please let us know your request!
About the host
Ocha no Haruichiban お茶の春一番
Yamaguchi san from Ocha no Haruichiban, is producing Japanese tea in Chiran, Kagoshimma. His father started producing tea in 1969, since then, they are producing high quality tea leaf. Some experiences regarding tea (i.e. Japanese tea kneading, roasting tea etc…), is available at the site.