How Kagoshima tea is different than other areas tea? Learn from Yamaguchi san in Chiran, Kagoshima.
3 to 5 persons
6 to 9 persons
10 persons up
- Yamaguchi-san, the producer of Japanese tea and your English speaking guide will take you in the tea farm.
- Learn how the Japanese tea leaf comes from the firm to your table. Compare the traditional way and current producing process.
- Yamaguchi-san teaches you how to serve the tea properly at the shop. You will also be able to taste their products.
Meet Yamaguchi san and your guide at the site.
→ Visit the farm and learn how to pick the leaf
→ Take the leaf to the tea making table and learn how to roll the leaf
→ Learn how to brew the tea at the shop. Try some tea tasting.
Minimum 2 to Maximum 10 persons in a group (Negotiable)
JPY 4,600- /person (2 persons)
JPY 3,700- /person (3 to 5 persons)
JPY 3,500- /person (6 to 9 persons)
JPY 3,200- /person (10+ persons)
Ocha no Haruichiban
One week of the experience (Negotiable)
Tips & Note
* This experience can be changed to “Roasting tea making experience”
* Please wear casual clothes and shoes so that you can walk in the farm comfortably.
The ticket includes
– TABITTO Mate (English speaking guide)
– Kagoshima tea leaf you make is yours to take (price included)
– Gift Fukamushi cha (50g)
– Kagoshima tea tasting at the shop
The ticket does NOT include
– Personal Expense
– Transportation to the site (If you need a lift to the site, TABITTO will arrange at your cost)
About the host
Ocha no Haruichiban お茶の春一番
Yamaguchi san from Ocha no Haruichiban, is producing Japanese tea in Chiran, Kagoshimma. His father started producing tea in 1969, since then, they are producing high quality tea leaf.
He is the one of three professionals who has special tea rolling skills in the world.